If you’re looking to buy a car in the upcoming months, be extra careful when selecting your vehicle. With Hurricane Ida leaving behind damage from strong winds and flooding, thousands of flood damaged cars are anticipated to be sold to unsuspecting consumers.
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) has warned policyholders “to avoid being victimized a second time by deceitful roofers or contractors who arrive unsolicited to target areas affected by natural disasters or by dishonest sellers of vehicles, who won’t disclose flood damage.”
Dishonest dealers and private sellers can buy a flood damaged car, dry, clean, and sell the vehicle to a buyer as a used car. NICB offers VINCheck, a free online tool that allows consumers to check a car to determine if a vehicle has been stolen, has accident damage, or if it was written off as a total loss by an insurance company. There are other steps you can take that could help avoid buying a flood damaged car.
Things To Look For That Could Suggest Flood Damage
Before you decide to buy that used car, there are some things you can do that may indicate whether or not it’s a flood recovery vehicle. To avoid buying a flood damaged car, here are some things to look for:
- Damp or water-stained carpets
- Sand or silt under seats and carpets
- Rust under the hood, dashboard, pedals, or around the doors
- Fog in the interior or external lights
If you have a flood damaged car and want to responsibly get rid of it, consider selling it for cash. You Call We Haul buys all types of tow-accessible used and damaged vehicles! Over 95% of our junk cars are sustainably recycled, benefiting both the environment and our customers.
How to Sell Your Flood Damaged Car
You Call We Haul makes it quick and easy to get cash for your junk car. We work with towing companies across the nation to ensure your car is removed fast and for free!
- To get started, fill out a vehicle condition report and provide photos of the vehicle. Providing photos will increase the value of your car by over 20%!
- In as little as one hour, our network of buyers will be able to place live bids on your vehicle. Typically, you’ll receive an offer within 1-2 business days.
- Once you accept an offer, our network of towing agencies will schedule a pick-up time most convenient for you.
- You’ll be paid in cash at pick up! You will also receive a confirmation email from You Call We Haul which includes a receipt.
Ready to get rid of your flood damaged vehicle? Get cash today by going online or calling us at (866) 771-5865!