Did the aftermath of Hurricane Ida include flooding in your area? You may be wondering what to do with your flood damaged car. If your car is submerged in floodwaters, it may have extensive damage and costly repairs.
What to Do If Your Car Has Flood Damage
Avoid flooded areas and only inspect your car once flood waters have receded. Here are some tips on what to do if your car has been submerged in water:
- Avoid starting your car if it’s flooded, as water in the engine may cause more damage.
- Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any water inside the vehicle.
- Lay towels on the car seats and cushions to absorb any water.
- File a claim with your insurance company. The company and a mechanic will determine the extent of your vehicle’s damage.
If the cost to repair or replace your vehicle is too high, consider selling it for cash. You Call We Haul buys all types of tow-accessible used and damaged vehicles! Over 95% of our junk cars are sustainably recycled, benefiting both the environment and our customers.
Sell Your Flood Damaged Car
You Call We Haul makes it quick and easy to get cash for your junk car. We work with towing companies across the nation to ensure your car is removed fast and for free!
- To get started, fill out a vehicle condition report and provide photos of the vehicle. Providing photos will increase the value of your car by over 20%!
- In as little as one hour, our network of buyers will be able to place live bids on your vehicle. Typically, you’ll receive an offer within 1-2 business days.
- Once you accept an offer, our network of towing agencies will schedule a pick-up time most convenient for you.
- You’ll be paid in cash at pick up! You will also receive a confirmation email from You Call We Haul which includes a receipt.
Ready to get rid of your flood damaged car? Get cash today by going online or calling us at (866) 771-5865!