Road Safety Statistics
The statistics surrounding road safety, pedestrian safety, and car accidents are shocking. Thanks to our friends at PolicyAdvice we have these crazy-awesome safety statistics!
Safety Statistics – Speeding
- The cost for speeding related accidents in the U.S. = $40.4 Billion Annually
- Of the fatal speeding crashes in 2017 – 49% of drivers were not wearing seat belts
- 87% Of the fatal speeding crashes are on non-interstate roadways
- 16% of crashes involve drivers under the influence
Safety Statistics – Drunk Driving
- 30 people die a day in the U.S. from drunk-driving accidents – that’s 1 person every 48 minutes
- 74% of pedestrian fatalities occur at night and 72% of those killed used an intersection
- 15% of pedestrians were killed by drunk drivers
- 34% of pedestrians were drunk themselves
- Annually, 6 million car crashes occur in the U.S.
- 22% are weather related
- 90% of crashes were due to driver-related factors – error, impaired, fatigue, and distraction
- In 2018, ~40,000 died in car crashes in the U.S.
*** 10 Million crashes are unreported annually
At You Call We Haul, our primary focus is to remove unsafe cars from the road. Through the effort of removing unwanted and end of life vehicles from the roads, driver’s safety is greatly improved. If you would like to sell your vehicle to You Call We Haul or would like an estimate first, we welcome to visit us at You Call We Haul.