Are you selling your junk car through You Call We Haul and wondering what to do with your Virginia license plates?
In Virginia, you have a few options regarding recycling your old license plate:
- Keep the plate and transfer it to another vehicle.
- Return it to a DMV customer service center and they will destroy it for you.
- Destroy and dispose of the license plate yourself.
Visit the Virginia DMV Website for additional information.
Please note that you MUST report the sale of your vehicle to the State of Virginia in order to release liability. Complete the Release of Liability Form where you will provide your driver’s license number or SSN and your Date of Birth.
To sell a car in Virginia or to learn more about the You Call We Haul Process, visit the 1-2-3 Steps to Cash page or call us at 866-771-5865.
Best Car Donation Programs in Virginia
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Virginia:
- Support Roanoke’s NPR station: Radio IQ WVTF
- Improve the lives of those suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in Virginia: The ALS Association
- Give military families in Virginia the resources necessary to adapt to military life: The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN)
- Help a family in the Old Dominion build a home with your car donation: Habitat for Humanity’s Cars for Homes
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!