How to Transfer Washington Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Washington(WA)?
- The state of Washington DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. If your vehicle was last titled in the state of WA you can fill out an Affidavit in Lieu of Title in place of the original title. This document can be obtained at any Quick Title Office in your state. We ask that your license plates remain on the vehicle at the time of pick-up UNLESS they are personalized.
- In order to complete the sale of your Washington vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksWashington Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Washington Washington Secretary of State
Washington 1990 Title
Washington 2003 Title
Affidavit in Lieu of Title
Best Car Donation Programs in Washington
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, considering donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Washington:
- Support Seattle’s NPR Station: KNKX
- Keep Washington’s children healthy, safe, and drug-free: D.A.R.E. Vehicle Donation Form
- Save lives in crisis around the world: Cars for CARE
- Fight for a world free of cancer: American Cancer Society’s Cars for a Cure
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!