How to Transfer Pennsylvania Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Pennsylvania(PA)?
- The state of Pennsylvania DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. The state of Pennsylvania REQUIRES that your title be notarized in order for the transaction to be valid.
- In order to complete the sale of your Pennsylvania vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State Links
Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
Learn more about Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Secretary of State
Best Car Donation Programs in Pennsylvania
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Pennsylvania:
- Support Western Pennsylvania’s NPR Station: The Summit
- Help Pennsylvania mothers and their babies survive: March of Dimes
- Empower children and adults with intellectual disabilities: Donate a car to Special Olympics in Pennsylvania
- Advance global health equity so all communities can thrive: PATH
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!