How to Transfer Ohio Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Ohio(OH)?
- The state of Ohio DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. The state of Ohio REQUIRES that your title be notarized in order for the transaction to be valid.
- In order to complete the sale of your Ohio vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State Links
Best Car Donation Programs in Ohio
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, considering donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Ohio:
- Support Cleveland’s NPR station: IdeaStream
- Help Ohio’s military families navigate through the obstacles of military life: The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN)
- Keep Ohio’s children healthy, safe, and drug-free: D.A.R.E. Vehicle Donation Form
- Aid individuals and families in Ohio battling cancer: American Cancer Society’s Cars for a Cure
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!