How to Transfer North Carolina Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in North Carolina (NC)?
- The state of North Carolina DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. The state of North Carolina REQUIRES that your title be notarized in order for the transaction to be valid.
- In order to complete your sale of your car in North Carolina, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer on the Bill of Sale in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.\
Helpful State Links
North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
Learn more about North Carolina
North Carolina Secretary of State
2009 North Carolina Title example
North Carolina Title Example
Best Car Donation Programs in North Carolina
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, considering donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in North Carolina:
- Help seriously ill children and their families: Ronald McDonald House of Durham
- Show your support of Biblically sound journalism and news: WORLD, based in Asheville
- Connect people with pets and change animal’s lives: PetSmart Charities
- Support Western North Carolina’s Public Radio: Blue Ridge Public Radio
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!