How to Transfer Louisiana Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Louisiana (LA)?
- The state of Louisiana DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. Louisiana REQUIRES that you complete a Notice of Vehicle Transfer in order to report your transaction. The state of Louisiana REQUIRES that your title be notarized in order for the transaction to be valid.
- In order to complete the sale of your Louisiana vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksLouisiana Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Louisiana Louisiana Secretary of State
Best Car Donation Programs in Louisiana
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Louisiana:
- Support The University of New Orleans’ NPR station: WWNO
- Help people connect with pets and change animal’s lives: PetSmart Charities
- Transform the lives of vulnerable children in Latin America and the Caribbean: NPH USA
- Build a home for a family in the Bayou State: Habitat for Humanity’s Cars for Homes
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!