How to Transfer Kentucky Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Kentucky (KY)?
- The state of Kentucky DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle. The state of Kentucky REQUIRES that your title be notarized in order for the transaction to be valid.
- In order to complete the sale of your Kentucky vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title
Helpful State Links
Best Car Donation Programs in Kentucky
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Kentucky:
- Support Murray State’s NPR station: WKMS
- Help deliver the essentials that give children an equitable chance in life: UNICEF USA
- Make a difference in the fight against liver disease and the lives of Kentucky patients: The American Liver Disease Foundation
- Aid aspiring technicians through their education and into careers: TechForce
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!