How to Transfer Colorado Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Colorado (CO)?
- The state of Colorado DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle.
- In order to complete the sale of your car in Colorado, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State Links
Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles
Learn more about Colorado
Colorado Secretary of State
For detailed instructions on how to properly fill out your title see one of the pictures below to see an example title
Colorado 2011 Title
Colorado 2002 Title
Best Car Donation Programs in Colorado
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Colorado:
- Support your favorite daily hosts, services, and programs: Colorado Public Television
- Help women in unplanned pregnancies and adoptive couples: Colorado Christian Services
- Improve the lives of companion animals: Longmont Humane Society
- Provide opportunities for housing solutions, food, and safe shelter for homeless adults in Boulder County: Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!