How to Sign and Transfer Alabama Title

How do I fill out the title for my vehicle in Alabama (AL)?

The state of Alabama DOES NOT require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of vehicles 1979 and older. In this case the most recent registration and a Bill of Sale is sufficient.

For detailed instructions on how to properly fill out and transfer your Alabama title, see the pictures below of an example title.

Helpful State Links

Alabama Department of Motor Vehicles
Learn more about Alabama
Alabama Secretary of State

How to transfer Alabama title

How to transfer Alabama title