No matter your car’s age, it’s important to understand how long car batteries last.
Average Car Battery Life
Some factors can reduce a car’s battery life but it’s important to remember that you’ll need to replace it at some point, even if you haven’t driven the car. Car batteries typically last between three and five years. If you’re driving with a battery that’s older than five years, it could fail without notice. This is why many car manufacturers recommend replacing your car battery after five years. If your battery is three or more years old, you can get it tested for free at an AutoZone location or through AAA car battery service.
Signs Your Car Battery Needs to be Replaced
If you’re experiencing any of these concerns, it may indicate that your battery needs to be replaced:
- Battery/charging warning lamp on your dashboard
- Dim headlights, particularly when the car is idling
- Slow, dragging start
- Turning the key and hearing a click or buzzing
- Rotten-egg smell
Regular testing and keeping track of your battery’s lifespan will help you anticipate when to replace your car battery. As your battery nears the end of its life, you should research the best battery replacement and budget how much you’re willing to spend.
Sell Your Car for Cash
Do you think replacing the battery on your old car isn’t worth it? Rather junk it and buy a new car? You Call We Haul makes it fast and easy to sell your car for cash. We buy all types of tow-accessible used and damaged vehicles! Our nationwide network of buyers will place bids on your vehicle, allowing you to get the best offer for your car. Follow these steps to get cash for your car:
- Fill out our vehicle condition report and take photos of your vehicle. Providing pictures will increase the value of your car by over 20%!
- In as little as one hour, buyers will be able to place live bids on your vehicle. Offers are real-time, so you’ll be able to accept the best offer for you! Typically, you’ll receive an offer within 1-2 business days.
- Once you accept an offer, a local towing agent will schedule a pick-up time most convenient for you. Your car will be removed for free!
- You’ll be paid in cash at pick up! You will also receive a confirmation email from You Call We Haul which includes a receipt.
It’s that easy! Sell your car today by going online or calling us at (866) 771-5865.