How to Transfer Maryland Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Maryland (MD)?
- The state of Maryland DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle.
- In order to complete the sale of your Maryland vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksMaryland Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Maryland Maryland Secretary of State
Best Car Donation Programs in Maryland
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, considering donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Maryland:
- Support Baltimore’s NPR station: WYPR
- Help Maryland’s military families navigate through the obstacles of military life: The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN)
- Keep Maryland’s children healthy, safe, and drug-free: D.A.R.E. Vehicle Donation Form
- Aid individuals and families in Maryland battling cancer: American Cancer Society’s Cars for a Cure
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!