How to Transfer Maine Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Maine (ME)?
- The state of Maine does NOT require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of vehicles 1994 and older. In this case the most recent registration and a Bill of Sale to the buyer/purchaser is sufficient.
- In order to complete the sale of your Maine vehicle, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksMaine Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Maine Maine Secretary of State
Best Car Donation Programs in Maine
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, considering donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Maine:
- Support Maine’s NPR station: Maine Public’s Vehicle Donation Program
- Save lives in crisis around the world: Cars for CARE
- Connect people with pets and change animal’s lives: PetSmart Charities
- Keep Maine’s children healthy, safe, and drug-free: D.A.R.E. Vehicle Donation Form
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!