How to Transfer Hawaii Title
How do I transfer title of my vehicle in Hawaii (HI)?
- The state of Hawaii DOES require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of your vehicle.
- In order to complete the sale of your car in Hawaii, you must transfer your title by writing the buyer/purchaser in buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksHawaii Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Hawaii HI Business Registration Division
Best Car Donation Programs in Hawaii
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Hawaii:
- Help Hawaii’s military families navigate through the obstacles of military life: The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN)
- Transform the lives of vulnerable children in Latin America and the Caribbean: NPH USA
- Keep Hawaii’s children healthy, safe, and drug-free: D.A.R.E. Vehicle Donation Form
- Build a home for a family in the Aloha State: Habitat for Humanity’s Cars for Homes
Don’t see your charity listed? Click here to view more nonprofits that would benefit from your car donation!