How to Transfer Connecticut Title
How do I transfer the title of my vehicle in Connecticut (CT)?
- The state of Connecticut DOES NOT require a Certificate of Title in order to transfer ownership of vehicles produced prior to 1995. In this case the most recent registration and a Bill of Sale is sufficient.
- In order to complete the sale of your car in Connecticut, you must transfer your title by entering the name of the buyer/purchaser in the buyer/purchaser field. Please PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Helpful State LinksConnecticut Department of Motor Vehicles Learn more about Connecticut Connecticut Secretary of State
Best Car Donation Programs in Connecticut
If you’re looking to get rid of your junk car and help others, consider donating your car to charity. Here are some of the best car donation programs in Connecticut:
- Help preserve and perpetuate the music, character, and history of The Great American Songbook (G.A.S.): Preserve Our G.A.S.
- Contribute to ending children’s hunger and malnutrition in Asia, Africa, and Latin America: Feed the Children
- Support Fairfield’s NPR station: WSHU
- Make a positive environmental impact by donating your car to Clean Ocean Access; keeping our ocean clean and healthy.